AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR’S NEWEST Electrical/Controls Engineer
Degreed Electrical or Controls Engineer with preferred experience designing mobile equipment control systems (Electric over Hydraulic), wiring schematic and harness design, GPS integration, engine control systems, and programming abilities. This person will be part of the Research and Development team specifying hardware, I/O needs, engine controllers, sensors, and electrical layouts for smart equipment control systems. Telematics, IoT, automotive/diesel, or agricultural experience a plus.
Now, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
- Work as part of the product design team leading the way on electronic controls integration.
- Specifying hardware, sensors, software, and programming required to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Provide in house programming and electrical system design whenever possible.
- Support current products regarding control systems (continuous improvement, engineering changes, manufacturing specifications, troubleshooting)
- Creating innovative solutions to make equipment smarter, automated, more controllable, user friendly, and safe.
- Testing new systems to ensure reliability of design and manufacturing.
- Documentation of systems, programming, schematics, and processes.
- Work with Purchasing Department to ensure sourcing of parts/units and meeting cost objectives.
- Working closely with mobile hydraulics vendors on integration of hydraulic and controls components.
- Think strategically about customer needs, direction of this role, and identify opportunities for the business to grow and improve.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Post-secondary education in hydraulics control systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with PTC CREO Software or equivalent for harness designing.
- Experience with J1939 protocol and CAN programming experience preferred.
- CODESYS or similar programming experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently or with less supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Good Customer relations and communications skills
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Some travel may be required <10%
- Needs to possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Bonus opportunities – [Performance based]
• Health benefits.
• Vacation time.