PURCHASING – BUYER
As Bazooka Farmstar’s Purchasing Coordinator, or Buyer, you will be responsible for managing materials and/or services to support the company’s purchasing programs. The position is ultimately responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company’s needs. These selected products and services are to be secured at cost, quality, and delivered at competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards by the Purchasing Coordinator. Timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control compliant with Macola software requirements is mandatory.
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
• Call, fax and email purchase orders to vendors.
• Assure timely process of sales order fulfillment by maintaining proper inventory levels and expediting back orders.
• Work with vendors to secure all available discounts (best price is secured).
• Follow up and track delinquent orders.
• Follow up on open purchase orders from assigned vendors and keep related parties updated on delays and issues.
• Perform daily inventory cycle counts.
• Inform vendors of any damages or other receiving issues.
• Expedite purchased materials as required and ensure items are properly received in the system.
• Support and manage “Returns to Vendor”, make sure RGA requests are honored by the vendors and shipped back on time in conjunction with the Shipping Department.
• Ensure that the inventory data base is properly analyzed at the end of each month and the necessary adjustments for ordering points are made in regards to one-time sales and spikes in demand.
• Track all warranty activity and issue RGAs as needed.
• Assist with other items within the procurement department.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
• Preferred Associates Degree and/or experience in purchasing/inventory control.
• Efficient in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
• Proficient in Macola and/or has utilized similar ERP platform.
• Competent in data entry.
• Strong communication skills – Oral and written.
• Solid decision-making skills.
• Strong knowledge of mathematics and analytics.
• Motivated and capable of working independently.
• Bonus opportunities.
• Health benefits.
• Vacation time benefits.
What are you waiting for?